Yesterday I had the oppertunity to serve in the kitchen, here at Camp Qwanoes! I was in the 'Food Services' area and worked alongside the staff to help prepare meals for the guest group, Trinity Western University. I felt called to this ministry because of my experience working at several fast-food restaurants. It was an enjoyable experience joining the staff and working, allowing God to use me as part of a team to serve others. I was there from 7am to 12:30pm and in that short amount of time I learned more in depth about team work, unity, patience, and the importance of sharing the work load. I was shown how much work is put into a single meal and am so thankful for all the kitchen staff who are there on a regular basis serving us. I loved being able to help out where I could and serve others while also being a servant of the Lord.
Today was my second Sunday at North Cowichan Alliance! I was introduced to Allison Croswell who is the director of the Children's Ministry. They are starting a new program and I will be helping out with the nursery and younger children's classes. I feel so welcomed in this church and pray daily for their needs as a young and growing church body. Each sermon and worship session teaches me more about Christ and challenges me to grow deeper in my faith. I look forward to our gathering's each Sunday!
PQ: please pray for the members of this church as well as the kitchen staff at Qwanoes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey Jenna
ReplyDeleteCool that you learned all that in one day in the kitchen. Say hi to Laura for me. Enjoy your class with Marv he is a very smart man.